The SWF has established 18 Centers of Excellence in cities throughout the USA.
These Centers provide the comprehensive care necessary for treating adults and children who have a port wine (PW) birthmark, Sturge-Weber syndrome (SWS) or Klippel-Trenaunay (KT).
Each Center is staffed by a team of specialists who collaborate in the evaluation and management of each patient. This team approach ensures the individual's treatment plan is carefully developed and coordinated.
According to Karen Ball, CEO, "The SWF recognizes the collaborative care received at the Centers plays a key role in improving the quality of life for individuals living with port wine birthmark conditions. Together patients, dedicated physicians and the SWF will increase the pace of discovery."
More centers will be added add as the information becomes available.
- Ann and Robert H Lurie Children's Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Centro Medico de Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH
- Dell Children's Hospital, Austin, TX
- Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit
- Mayo Clinic - Jacksonville, FL
- Mayo Clinic - Phoenix, AZ
- Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
- NYU - Langone Medical Center, NY, NY
- Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, OH
- Nemours Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children -Wilmington, DE
- Northeast Regional Epilepsy Group, Hackensack, NJ
- Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
- UNC Children's Hospital, Chapel Hill, NC
- University of California - Irvine, CA
- University of California - San Francisco, CA
- University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- University of Michigan Mott Children's Hospital
- WillsEye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Children's Helathcare of Atlanta, Vascular Anomalies Clinic, Atlanta, GA